ELTRO GmbH was founded in 1980 by Dr. Siegfried Strämke. Before he was chief engineer at an institute of the RWTH University of Aachen in the boarder triangle of Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands.
ELTRO invented the modern plasma-heat-treatment-process and the associated equipment. Especially the development of the firing impulse (described in the later patent DE3322341C2) lead to the break through in process safety of plasma-nitriding.
The modern ELTROPULS Process is characterized by a pulsed direct-current discharge with a variable work cycle by using the firing impulse in a hot wall vacuum furnace. This technology enables the de-coupling of the thermal and plasma reactions. It is the base of better quality, higher performance and lower costs per piece.
ELTRO features custom-made solutions. Starting with a requirements analysis the system is designed. Client-specific software solutions are developed and all essential processes are optimized in the mechanical, electrical and procedural laboratories on the premises. The plants are set up completely at ELTRO’s and are tested under simulated production conditions.
ELTRO is one of the most competitive companies in the field of solving customer specific problems and tasks in the field of surface engineering. Our inter-disciplinary team of engineers, material scientists and technicians have the capability to use any analysis and tool to solve your needs. Many hundreds of delivered plants and thousands of successful applications attest to the quality of our plants, process engineer and service.
Milestones of a Success Story
- 1980 – Founding of ELTRO GmbH in Aachen. Development of the ELTROPULS Plasma-Technology. Installation of the first plant.
- 1982 – The ELTRO GmbH expands by opening up a treatment shop for nitriding service.
- 1984 – Export of the first nitriding plant into the USA.
- 1990 – The first fully automated, production integrated, plasma nitriding plants got delivered to a bespoke German automotive OEM.
- 1995 – Expansion of the Baesweiler plant to over 50000 ft² production floor space.
- 1999 – Introduction of a new generation of high current plasmanitriding Plants with over 2000 Ampere of plasma current.
- 2004 – Eltro gets it 25th patent in the field of plasma surface processing. Eltropuls technology established itself as a standard in industry.
- 2010 – Eltro celebrates 30 years of successfull company history. More than 350 Plants have been delivered world-wide.
- 2016 – Eltro GB Ltd attains Nadcap Accreditation.